Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

For my blog post I interviewed a bunch of my floor mates.  Throughout the interview I focused on how they felt coming to Rutgers, there transition to college life, there experience at orientation and how Rutgers is treating them as a whole.

Jonathan Lourenco Class of 2015
Interview #1: Jonathan Lourenco 

What's school are you in and what is your major?
I am currently in the business school and am majoring in Finance

Where are you from?
Newark, New Jersey

What High School did you attend ?
Seton Hall

How was the transition from high school to college?
It wasn't bad at all.  I was only taking 15 credits my first semester so I was able to manage the workload, I got used to it very quickly.  The freedom here was kind of like the freedom at home for me.  Academically, I did not do that bad my first semester here however, midterms were a wake up call.

Did you go to orientation? No

Hearing about it from other students do you wish you would have went and why or why not?
Well I didn't go to orientation because it was kind of pricey but when I see a lot of the bonds and friendships that were made at orientation I kind of do wish I went.

Thanks Jon

Interview #2: Sanjay Vemparala 


What school are you in and what is your major?
I am in SAS planning to transfer to the Business school and my intended major is a double major in Math and Finance

Where are you from?
Bridgewater, New Jersey

What high school did you attend?
Sanjay Vemparala Class of 2015
Bridgewater-Raritan High School

How was the transition from high school to college for you?
It was pretty good actually.  It was hard to adjust because you are on your own and you have to start making your own decisions and being responsible but one can take advantage of the freedom so it is kind of hard to find a balance in between.  Academically I would say the same thing especially being responsible with time management.

Did you go to orientation? Yes

How was it for you? I enjoyed myself a lot, made a lot of new friends, got to know Livingston better since I am living here and it was kind of like a sneak preview of what college is like.

What do you wish had been included in orientation now that your on campus? A look into the bus schedule and a mock schedule so you can get to know some of the buildings and some other orientation leaders.

Thanks Sanjay

Midway through the interview Jonathan intruded and said "You are gassing orientation right now" and Sanjay replied "I don't care man orientation was fun as hell, I really enjoyed myself."  This goes to show the power of orientation and the impact it leaves on people.  Sanjay continued to say he is close to a lot of the people he met from orientation and hangs out with them all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment